[Pw_forum] Unable to Successfully Install Parallel Version of QE on Windows

Suchit such.engr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 04:32:54 CEST 2016

Dear All,

I would like to get parallel version of the QE code working on Windows. I
first installed MPICH2 and integrated it into my system by following the
instructions in the document "QE-on-Windows.pdf," available in the QE
download page among the QE-5.3.0 related files. After installing MPICH2, I
installed "qe-5.3.0-64bit-mpich2.exe." Despite following the instructions
in the mentioned PDF file, it seems the QE installer is unable to detect
the presence of a parallel environment and only downloads the serial
version of the code. I just wanted to check if other researchers have
successfully installed the parallel version of QE for Windows and whether
you could share tips for successfully installing it?

Thank you.

With Best Regards,
--Suchit