[Pw_forum] Application of electric field to quantum dot

Parham Shenavar shenavar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 10:18:52 CEST 2016

Dear all

I did charge analysis on a quantum dot using gamma point only. I want study
of charge analysis under influence of a constant electric field using
lelfield=.true. option.

1. Is it possible? I found a lot of examples that deal with k-points while
I am only using gamma point.

2. If I want field in X direction, I should set gdir=1 but how can I have a
good estimate for efield value?

3. Is it mandatory to set nberrycyc other than its default value?

Sorry if my questions are very elementary.

Parham Shenavar
Electronic Engineering Department
Shiraz university
Shiraz, Iran