[Pw_forum] question on the lplot_drho variable of turbo_davidson

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Jan 28 17:20:43 CET 2016

Dear All
What is exactly the "response charge-density at each resonance" which can be calculated with turbo_davidson.x? Let me rephrase the question in another
way: I want to calculate the charge displacement between the S0 (ground state) and S1* (first singlet excited state) of a given molecule. So I need the
total charge density of S0 (easy to compute with pp.x) and the total charge density of S1*. I do not know how to compute the latter quantity. I was
wondering whether lplot_drho=true plots such a quantity, but I believe it does not, because the h2o-plotrho example produces a cube file containing a
symmetric positive and negative charge distribution. Or is this lplot_drho result exactly what I'm looking for?
Please enlighten me and thank you in advance.
Giuseppe

- Article premier - Les hommes naissent et demeurent
libres et égaux en droits. Les distinctions sociales
ne peuvent être fondées que sur l'utilité commune
- Article 2 - Le but de toute association politique
est la conservation des droits naturels et
imprescriptibles de l'homme. Ces droits sont la liberté,
la propriété, la sûreté et la résistance à l'oppression.

   Giuseppe Mattioli
   v. Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
   I 00015 - Monterotondo Stazione (RM), Italy
   Tel + 39 06 90672836 - Fax +39 06 90672316
   http://www.ism.cnr.it/english/staff/mattiolig
   ResearcherID: F-6308-2012