[Pw_forum] Quantum ESPRESSO Support on gaming cards and on Xeon Phi Co-processor

Fabio Affinito f.affinito at cineca.it
Fri Jan 22 17:29:59 CET 2016

> 4. We are also looking in to Xeon Phi Co-processor cards, are these
> cards well supported?

At present, the Xeon Phi supports only the acceleration of the linear algebra part of QE. Depending on the input data-set, this could lead up to a 20% of speed-up respect to only cpu.
Notably, the actual Xeon Phi Knights Corner architecture will be soon replaced by the Xeon Phi Knights Landing architecture. The latter will be no more a co-processor, but a stand-alone manycore processor.

Best,

Fabio