[Pw_forum] CUDA Support.

Mohammed Ghadiyali m786g at live.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 11:18:02 CET 2016

Hi All,
I have few questions regarding CUDA support of Quantum ESPRESSO, as we are planning to procure a server. And one of the configurations we are looking into has dual Intel Xeon cpu's and four nvidia's graphic cards, similar to this:http://www.thinkmate.com/system/gpx-xt4-2160v3-titan
1. Does it support the consumer graphics cards like GTX 980ti or GTX TitanX (as K40 and K80 basically cost like an arm and leg, we could buy four consumer graphics cards for the price of one)?
2. Can it run in multiple GPU (i.e. in SLI) for the above mentioned configuration?
3. Or we should go for complete CPU solution?
4. I know that CUDA is nvida's platform but is it possible to run Quantum ESPRESSO on AMD's platform (i.e on AMD APU series processors)?
Regards,Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader.