[Pw_forum] "Lanczos.x with k-point algorithm"

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Fri Jan 15 13:10:42 CET 2016

Dear Sajid Ali,

I made a test using QE-5.3.0 (the latest release) and QE-5.2.0 (the one
which you use apparently) for the example TDDFPT/Examples/CH4 using the
general k-points implementation of TDDFPT. My calculations didn't crash
(neither in serial nor in parallel). Could you repeat these tests too?

In order to understand what is the problem with your calculations, you
should provide here the input data for PWscf and TDDFPT. Otherwise we
cannot help you. But before that try the default tests provided with the
TDDFPT code, which I mentioned above.

Please note, even if you solve your problem, remember that the general
k-points implementation of TDDFPT was not benchmarked, and hence it can
give completely wrong results. This is why it is disabled in the code.

HTH

Iurii Timrov