[Pw_forum] System Relaxation Containing Charged_molcule

Abir Shadman abirshadman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 22:52:35 CET 2016

​Thanks Dr. Paulatto for your reply. However about my first question, I am
trying to relax a charged phosphate molecule (say doubly charged) over a
MoS2 Nanoribbon. They are attracted together by van der waals force as
reported in many papers. My question was how to do the bfgs relaxation
considering the charged molecule? I can simulate a, say neutral phosphoric
acid over the NR, but what I have to do incorporate the charge?

And about your reply to my second question, will tot_charge keyword
consider a sheet charge over neutral NR?

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from you. It will be very helpful
from me to get responses from other QE users also.

Best,

--
Abir Shadman
Dept. of EEE,BUET.