[Pw_forum] Set up difficulties

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:06:30 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 1:04 PM, <jonfrey2013 at aol.com> wrote:

Compiled with no errors using "make all"
> [...]

Run of any pw check program failed , missing pw.x

so there is an error in either compilation or linking.

pw.x compiled with many warnings about missing includes ( see below)

those warnings are harmless

  Several questions
>   1) Am I safe to run ( for learning and testing purposes ) or need to
> adjust the build?

if you explain why the first attempt didn't succeed, we can try to fix it.

>   2) What do I need to do to recompile pw.x for parallel architecture
> later ( other than to have ELPA predecessor installed )

run ./configure again, "make clean", make what you need

>   3) Are there other dependencies not constructed by "make all "in other
> functional modules ?

"make all" makes all it promises to do. For parallel execution, you need a
properly set up parallel compiler and libraries, though.

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dip. Matematica Informatica e Fisica,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222