[Pw_forum] Atomic Positions in 2-D Structure Formation

Amreen Bano banoamreen.7 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:15:17 CET 2016

Dear all,

 I have worked on bulk properties of materials. Now I want to study the
behavior of material in 2-D structure. I have a rough idea of forming a 3-D
structure to 2-D by providing vaccume at one axis to avoid the interaction
in that respective axis. My question is that, do i need to change the
atomic positions also while creating layer from a bulk structure? If so,
then how can I do this? can anyone explain and refer study materials
regarding formation of 2-D materials.

Thanks in advance.

--
Amreen Bano