[Pw_forum] Enquiry about the Pseudopotential

song kenan skn_neu at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 8 10:19:07 CET 2016

Dear All,

I am a new user of Quantum Espresso code. I have carbon, hydrogen and bismuth atoms in my system and want to do the non-collinear calculation. Can I use C.pbe-mt_fhi.UPF, H.pbe-kjpaw.UPF and Bi_MT_PBE.UPF as the pseudopotentials for these three atoms when calculating the band structure? I check the pseudopotential files and found the the following information.

For C.pbe-mt_fhi.UPF

    Generated using FHI98PP, converted with fhi2upf.x v.5.0.2
    Origin: Abinit web site