[Pw_forum] ACBN0 pseudopotentil - regarding

Matteo Cococcioni matteo at umn.edu
Thu Feb 4 09:26:36 CET 2016

Dear Varma

you may have to ask the authors of the paper for a more consistent help. As
far as I know/understand from the paper you mention, the ACBN0 is a method
to compute the value of the Hubbard U (based on an ancillary calculation
performed on a gaussian basis set) but does not modifies the
pseudopotential. So I guess it can work with any kind of PP (just like the
normal LDA+U does, independently on how you choose U). However, the value
of U has to be determined with the same PP you plan to use it with, for a
good numerical consistency.

Regards,

Matteo