[Pw_forum] Dielectric Constant Using Phonon

Marton vormar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:13:46 CET 2016

Hi Kanak,

Does your system contain three layers of MoS2 and some vacuum along z? If
yes, then the high frequency dielectric constant will approach 1 as you
increase the size of the vacuum or in other words the interlayer separation.

There is a nice discussion why this should happen for example in

http://journals.aps.org/prb/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevB.88.245309

In particular, check Fig.7. and the related section.

Sincerely,
Marton Voros

--
Aneesur Rahman Fellow