[Pw_forum] question about neb.x input parameter

Anand Chandra anandc88 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 19:44:01 CEST 2016

Dear Yue Yu,

To my knowledge, if nstep_path is 1 it will just do one single scf cycle
for each of your images without any relaxation. If nstep_path=2 it will do
2 scf cycles with an intermediate ionic relaxation step.

Simply stated, your nstep_path should be large enough such that  your
calculation converges with respect to the variable "path_thr" (which is the
norm of the force orthogonal to the path).

Kind regards,
Anand C.
Post-doctoral researcher
Materials Theory and Simulation Group
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India