[Pw_forum] q-point list in matdyn.in

Bahadır SALMANKURT bsalmankurt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:14:38 CEST 2016

Dear Subhodip,

It is smilar for other systems. just use *high symmetry point character
related with the crystal. *

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brillouin_zone

You can use high symmetry points of some crystal stucture  in the link
mentioned
above.

for example,
simple cubic structure =  X, gG, R, M
Hexagonal = A, H,K , L , M, gG
etc...
(*1.0  1.0 0.0   is special case for fcc)*

You do not need to specify space group. The program understands what it
means. It knows what the crystal structure is. It just want to know sequence
of high symmetry points related to the crystal (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brillouin_zone ) . This can be also applied
for electronic and phonon band structure plots.

Bests