[Pw_forum] Problem regarding transition from indirect to direct bandgap for P doped Si

Mohammad Abu Raihan Miah mraihanm at eng.ucsd.edu
Tue Aug 2 19:13:15 CEST 2016

Dear Stefano,

Thanks for your insightful question. They should be same.

Value of the bandgap is almost same. (Same upto hundredth). But the shape
is not exactly similar. But almost same.

We chose k points according to our computation resource, so that may be a
reason. I used 5*5*5 k points (10 k points) for 54 atoms as brillouin zone
is smaller now, so less number of k point is needed.  As I use the
supercell size as three times the original unit cell, so zone folding
hopefully won't be a issue that much.

I would appreciate any correction to my understanding.

Thank you very much.