[Pw_forum] G-vector lists associated with plane-waves listed in the wfc file

Andrea Ferretti andrea.ferretti at unimore.it
Fri Apr 29 11:11:34 CEST 2016

Dear Ryky,

G vectors are stored in the $prefix.save directory when the wf_collect
flag (CONTROL namelist of pw.x) is set to .TRUE.

at the end of the calculation you'll find
$prefix.save/gvectors.dat
$prefix.save/K00001/gkvectors.dat
   and similarly for each k point.

$prefix.save/gvectors.dat contains the G vector components for all vectors
used to represent the density.

for each kpt, $prefix.save/K00001/gkvectors.dat contains the G
vectors used to represent the corresponding wfcs (all the G vectors in
the k+G cutoff sphere)

these are stored both as a map wrt the density G vectors (INDEX tag) as
well as 3D integer components in crystal (reciprocal) units (GRID tag)

Note that all gvectors.dat and gkvectors.dat files are binary.
In order to inspect them it is convenient to convert them to xml
by doing

~espresso/bin/iotk convert gvectors.dat gvectors.xml

hopt this helps
Andrea

--
Andrea Ferretti, PhD