[Pw_forum] Error running pwcond example

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 19:23:10 CEST 2016

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Ravish Jamnal <ravishjamnal22 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to quantum espresso and wanted to learn how to use the pwcond
> package. So to start working with it I tried to run the examples given
> on Alexandre Smogunov's home page. I ran the lead.in file for the example
> 'Perfect monatomic Al wire without any scatterer (a test case)' and it
> completed successfully giving me the lead.out file. But I am confused about
> the cond.in file. When I ran it, I got a cond.out file and also
> a trans.alwire file but I also got an error message on the command window
> of which I have attached a screenshot. So, I want to know how can I remove
> this error?

​you will have to teach the pwcond software that there is no /dev/null file
on windows and either implement a less sloppy way to turn off output for
MPI ranks != 0 or implement the equivalent for windows (which should be
"nul:", IIRC).

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0