[Pw_forum] more patches

Ari P Seitsonen Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi
Sun Apr 24 21:42:45 CEST 2016

Dear David [affiliation?], Paolo et alia,

   Just an innocent question: How many compilers do _not_ have an internal
pre-processor these days or are not able to use an external one? I was
compiling .F90 files some 10-15 years ago with automatic pre-processing,
without the need of intermediate files, is it true that the compilers
would not have adapted a default pre-processor up to now? Well, probably
there are some compilers still around which might not have this built in,
would it be possible to treat them as "special cases" and create these
intermediate files for them as needed?

     Greetings,

        apsi

   Ari Paavo Seitsonen / Ari.P.Seitsonen at iki.fi / http://www.iki.fi/~apsi/
     Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS), Département de Chimie, Paris
     Mobile (F) : +33 789 37 24 25    (CH) : +41 79 71 90 935