[Pw_forum] 2nd and 3rd energy derivatives using DFPT?

Sabry Gad Al Hak Moustafa sabrygad at buffalo.edu
Wed Apr 20 14:51:30 CEST 2016

Thanks Stefano;

But, what do you mean by "some"? I am interested specifically in Fe at high
pressure, so, can QE do 3rd derivative for that?

Here

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/ph_user_guide.pdf

it says

"D3/d3.x: calculates anharmonic phonon lifetimes (third-order derivatives
of the energy), using data produced by pw.x and ph.x (USPP and PAW not
supported)."

So, it looks like it is NCPP.

Thanks;
Sabry

Sabry G. Moustafa, Ph.D.
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
511 Furnas Hall
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Buffalo, NY 14260-4200
716-645-1186 (office)
716-239-8543 (cell)
E-mail: sabrygad at buffalo.edu <kofke at buffalo.edu>