[Pw_forum] Reach the desired temperature with MD

Wei Li liwei0099 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:52:00 CEST 2016

Hello All,

I want to let the structure reach the desired temperature, i.e., 300 K, and
then get the trajectory from constant MD based on the thermal equilibrium
structure.

How should I do that?

Do I just need to set the IONS tag in the QE input like this:
 &IONS
    ion_dynamics='verlet',
    ion_temperature='rescale-v',
    tempw=300,
    nraise=4,

Then I need to disregard the initial part of the trajectory, and use the
trajectory with temperature equilibrated around 300 K?

Is there any other points I need to pay attention to?

thanks

Wei

--
*Wei Li*