[Pw_forum] "orbital projected" band structure

BARRETEAU Cyrille cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr
Tue Sep 15 09:17:29 CEST 2015

Dear Sharma

I guess what you want to do is plotting a band-structure where the size of the bands is proportional to their weight on a given orbital/atom.
I am not sure that this tool is implemented in QE but you can write a program that reads the output of projwfc giving the weight of each eigenfunction projected on the pseudo-atomic wave functions.

You can find an example of such analysis in our paper
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0953-8984/25/14/146002/meta

I once wrote such  a program but the best is probably to do it yourself.
If you have any problem you can ask me I might be able to find my old and ugly program:-)

Good luck

Cyrille

========================
Cyrille Barreteau
CEA Saclay, IRAMIS, SPEC Bat. 771
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, FRANCE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DTU Nanotech
Ørsteds Plads, building 345E
DK-2800 Kgs. Lyngby,  DENMARK
+33 1 69 08 29 51 /+33  6 47 53 66 52  (mobile)   (Fr)
+45    45 25 63 12/ +45     28 72 55 18  (mobile)  (Dk)
email:     cyrille.barreteau at cea.fr  /cyrbar at nanotech.dtu.dk
Web:     http://iramis.cea.fr/Pisp/cyrille.barreteau/