[Pw_forum] DOS Calculation

Filipe Camargo Dalmatti Alves Lima flima at if.usp.br
Fri Sep 11 04:10:47 CEST 2015

Dear Kanak,

Are you using Windows? I would suggest you delete the outdir line because
there are a lot of specials characters that might be sources of errors.

As default, the result will be written in the same folder you execute the
calculation.

Best,

Filipe

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Kanak Datta <kanakeee08 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear researchers
>
> I am facing problems in DOS calculation. I wanted to run the given example
> in reference. I ran example 02 for this. The example is on bulk Ni. I ran
> scf-> nscf and then went for dos.
>
> &dos
>     outdir='D:\QuantumEspresso\Quantum ESPRESSO 64-bit 5.1.2-mpich2\ni'
>     prefix='ni'
>     fildos='ni.dos',
>     Emin=5.0, Emax=25.0, DeltaE=0.1
>  /
>
> I used dos.x package for this. However I am getting the following error:
>
>      Error in routine dos (1):
>      reading dos namelist
>
> I can't figure out what's wrong. Can you help?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely yours
> Kanak
> EEE, BUET

Dr. Filipe Camargo Dalmatti Alves Lima
Pos-Doc at Materials Physics Department.
University of São Paulo, Physics Institute, Brazil.
Phones:    +55 (11) 3091-6881  (USP)
                +55 (11) 97408-2755 (Cellphone - Vivo)