[Pw_forum] eamp in Dipole Correction

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Mon Sep 7 12:58:11 CEST 2015

eamp=0 if only the dipole correction is needed (dipfield=.true.), because in this case the amplitude of the correction is self consistently computed from the charge density. eamp is needed only if you need to add and external electric field.

Giovanni

> On 07 Sep 2015, at 12:46, Manjusha Chugh <chughmanjusha at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all
>
> Can anyone guide me how to choose 'eamp' variable while applying a Dipole Correction for a slab in Quantum Espresso? Should this value be 'zero' for a Dipole Correction or it should be a very small value (like the default 0.001 a.u.)? Is there a way to check what should be this value?
>
> Thank you
> Regards
>
> Manjusha
> PhD Student
> IIT Kanpur, India

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN
c/o Dipartimento di Fisica
Universita' di Napoli "Federico II"
Complesso Universitario M. S. Angelo - Ed. 6
Via Cintia, I-80126, Napoli, Italy
e-mail: giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Phone: +39 081 676910
Skype contact: giocan74