[Pw_forum] TDDFT

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Mon Oct 26 10:01:19 CET 2015

Dear Fataneh Bostan Afroz,

On 2015-10-25 10:09, fataneh bostan afroz wrote:
> Dear QE users,
>
> I want to calculate optical properties of ZnO super cell  using TDDFT
> by quantum espresso.
>
> Can I use TDDFT for periodic system?
> Can I use TDDFT for k_points automatic or I must  use  only gamma
> kpoint?

In the current implementation of TDDFPT in Quantum ESPRESSO, one can use
supercells and gamma point sampling of the Brillouin zone to calculate
optical properties.

Also there is an implementation of the general k points sampling
algorithm, but it has not been benchmarked and tested. So you may use it
at your own risk, there is no warranty. In order to use this option, you
have to comment one line in TDDFPT/src/lr_readin.f90 :

IF (.NOT. gamma_only ) CALL errore(' iosys', 'k-point algorithm is not
tested yet',1)

> Thank you

Please sign your posts in the future!

Iurii Timrov
Postdoctoral Researcher
SISSA - International School for Advanced Studies
Condensed Matter Sector
Trieste, Italy