[Pw_forum] Geometry (Structural) Optimization

Bahadır salmankurt bsalmankurt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:19:15 CEST 2015

Hi
---
&control
        calculation='relax',
        restart_mode='from_scratch',
        prefix='si',
pseudo_dir = '../pseudo',
        outdir='out',

*   tstress = .true.    tprnfor = .true.*
/
&system
        ibrav=  2,
        celldm(1) =10.14,
        nat=  2,
        ntyp= 1,
        ecutwfc =16,
/
&electrons
        conv_thr =  1.0d-10,
/
&ions
/

*&cell/*
ATOMIC_SPECIES
 Si  28.086 Si.pz-vbc.UPF
ATOMIC_POSITIONS
 Si 0.00 0.00 0.00
 Si 0.28 0.28 0.28
K_POINTS AUTOMATIC
4 4 4 1 1 1
----
in relax calculations, you must add *&cell . *Also, you can calculate
stress and force acting on atoms using *   tstress = .true. , tprnfor =
.true. *parameters.

I chanced atomic positions intentionally. Please run the code and see what
happen !

Bests

Bahadır SALMANKURT
PhD student