[Pw_forum] Geometry (Structural) Optimization

Mofrad, Amir Mehdi (MU-Student) amzf5 at mail.missouri.edu
Thu Oct 22 17:34:06 CEST 2015

Hi Sridhar,

Thank you for your reply. I followed your instructions on only changing the task to both 'relax' and 'vc-relax' in my input file. However, I got the following error for both of them:

task #         0
     from  read_namelists  : error #         1
      reading namelist ions

Following a tutorial on the internet and according to the above error , at first, I only added the  namelist &ions and got an output (very small output). So Again I added other parameters in the &control namelist based on the same tutorial (without knowing what they are) and got another output. I was wondering if you would kindly take a look at my final input file and tell me what those parameters that I added are.

Here is my input file:

&control
        calculation='relax',

        nstep= 50,                                     <========== I added this