[Pw_forum] need help to learn Quantum Espresso

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 20:40:37 CEST 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 2:35 PM, rojib raj <rojibeee at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
> i am a new user of Quantum Espresso.so i don't know everything about it.
>  i need a help.
> I want to simulate large area graphene. Can i use "Periodic Boundary
> Condition" to do it ?

​don't do that right away. start with simpler problems. ​everybody makes
mistakes initially, and thus you want to do them on a system that is so
simple that you can spot them. if you start with your research project
right away, you will never know whether a problem is a real problem or just
due to you inexperience.

> And please suggest me some ways, how can i develop my skill in this
> software ???

​read the documentation, practice with the extensive tutorial material,
read/study suggested text books, find yourself a tutor or experienced
colleague​ that is willing to discuss and/or study with you.

axel.

Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey at gmail.com  http://goo.gl/1wk0