[Pw_forum] Hybrid calculations using PAWs

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Thu Oct 1 11:22:17 CEST 2015

Dear Kai
If I remember well, there has been a first release of the PAW/EXX module which did not work at all. The module has been therefore cut out for a while.
I do not know if it is now properly working in 5.2.1. However, do not expect significant speed up with USPP/EXX or PAW/EXX. If nothing has been done to
fix some issues, the NC/EXX implementation, which is in my opinion quite mature and stable, is likely the best choice if you (wisely) use the ecutfock
and adaptive_thr switches.
HTH
Giuseppe

On Thursday, October 01, 2015 09:19:57 AM Kai Trepte wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> is it possible in QE 5.1.2 to include exact exchange using PAWs?
> I get an error when I try to do so (Error message states that PAW and
> hybrid do not work together), but I get the very same error message when
> starting the calculation with an USPP.
> The error does not occur when I use Version 5.1 and PAWs (on my laptop).
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kai

- Article premier - Les hommes naissent et demeurent
libres et ègaux en droits. Les distinctions sociales
ne peuvent être fondèes que sur l'utilitè commune
- Article 2 - Le but de toute association politique
est la conservation des droits naturels et
imprescriptibles de l'homme. Ces droits sont la libertè,
la propriètè, la sùretè et la rèsistance à l'oppression.

   Giuseppe Mattioli
   v. Salaria Km 29,300 - C.P. 10
   I 00015 - Monterotondo Stazione (RM), Italy
   Tel + 39 06 90672836 - Fax +39 06 90672316
   http://www.ism.cnr.it/english/staff/mattiolig
   ResearcherID: F-6308-2012