[Pw_forum] Comparing with and without spin orbit for same pseudo-potential

Andrea Dal Corso dalcorso at sissa.it
Mon Nov 30 10:40:49 CET 2015

Fully relativistic calculations require fully relativistic PPs.
A calculation with fully relativistic US or PAW PP and lspinorb=.FALSE.
is not allowed. The pw.x code is not able to calculate a scalar
relativistic PP from the fully relativistic one. Instead a fully
relativistic norm conserving PP and lspinorb=.FALSE. is allowed and is
equivalent to  a scalar relativistic calculation.

HTH,

Andrea