[Pw_forum] Relaxation of hydrogenated amorphous carbon

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:44:48 CET 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 2:49 AM, Alan J. R. Ambrozio <ambrozio at mit.edu>
wrote:

I think this problem is because my structure isn't well relaxed...

I think this problem is because your structure is not what you think: the
following line is not correct:
  ATOMIC_POSITIONS {angstrom}
With this:
  ATOMIC_POSITIONS {alat}
your structure looks much better (use xcrysden to visualize the input, or
auxiliary code "dist.x" to see the distances between atoms)

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222