[Pw_forum] Band gap hybrid functionals

Ref Fymz reffymz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 15:02:08 CET 2015

But I mentioned a problem with using a very dense k - point grid and an 8
atom Si cell, the program exits before it can output the forces, stresses,
and the individual contributions to the total energy (hence why regardless
of what screening parameter I used I got the same band gap, as the fock).
Nobody was able to point me in the right direction with that. Also, another
user has previously reported that using a 2 atom si cell results in an
oscillation in the total energy as you increase ecutwfc (something I have
also verified), so I'm not sure I can accurately calculate the band gap
using a 2 atom cell either.

Phil