[Pw_forum] Why acoustic sum rule correction affcted my optical mode a lot?

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:30:42 CET 2015

the optical modes should not be affected by the acoustic sum rule
> correction. However, in my case, the low-frequency optical modes are
> affected a lot  by the acoustic sum rule correction. Even high frequency
> optical modes are affected by the acoustic sum rule correction to some
> extent. Does it mean that I am using a wrong ASR. My current ASR is
>  'zero-dim'.

first of all, try 'simple'. If the situation doesn't improve: your
calculation might not be sufficiently converged (tr2_ph parameter too large)

Paolo
--
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222