[Pw_forum] Calculation on carriers density

plgong plgong at theory.issp.ac.cn
Thu May 21 14:49:19 CEST 2015

Dear pwscf users,
     As I know, when conductive bands or valance bands pass fermi level, we can use DOS to obtain carriers.
 But the situation changes with muti-bands pass fermi level.
 Do anyone know how to calculate the carriers (holes and electrons) density when many bands pass fermi level?
Someone suggested to calculate fermi surface in BZ, but I have no idea to get carriers density so far.
      Please help me at your free time.

Truely
PL Gong

Addr: Institute of Solid State Physics, Chinese Academy of
Sciences, Hefei, Anhui 230031, China
Tel: +86-551-65591591(office), 18756086113(cell phone)
Email: plgong at theory.issp.ac.cn