[Pw_forum] Error message: "lattice parameter specified twice" in version 5.1.2

Florian Brown-Altvater altvater at berkeley.edu
Thu May 21 00:11:57 CEST 2015

Hi,
looking at your input file, you specify the lattice parameter twice,
just like the Error says - once with ABC and the angles, and the second
time in CELL_PARAMETERS. It probably worked in 5.0.1 because it ignored
one of the two (or overwrote one with the other). This could be a
problem if the two are different as it is not obvious which will be
used. I assume, this is why the new version complains now to not allow
any confusion.

Just follow the instructions from
http://www.quantum-espresso.org/wp-content/uploads/Doc/INPUT_PW.html:

"For ibrav=0 specify the lattice vectors in CELL_PARAMETERS, optionally
the lattice parameter alat = celldm(1) (in a.u.) or = A (in Angstrom),
or else it is taken from CELL_PARAMETERS"

And delete or comment out ABC and the angles in &system
Flo

--
Florian Brown-Altvater
PhD Candidate