[Pw_forum] Si Bandstructure in HSE: Wannier90

nicvok nicvok at freenet.de
Sun May 17 15:11:45 CEST 2015

Dear Dhirendra,

which information do you need exactly for silicon. Only the bandstructure which is near the experiment?
Sure, due to the connection of the hamiltonian/Eigenvalues to charge density AND wavefunctions a nscf calculation won’t do the trick, but I am pretty sure
that a „dense“ scf-calculation with paths you need for a bandstructure will work out. Otherwise maybe even a simple sp3s*
tight-binding calculation will be enough for your needs - it works quite well for Si.
I have no idea, what you did with the Wannier functions - usually you need proper Eigenvalues (in your case the HSE bandstructure)
where you map onto. Building a Wannier-based Hamiltonian from LDA/GGA Eigenvalues won’t give a leap forward.

bests
Nicki

Nicki Frank Hinsche, Dr. rer. nat.
Institute of physics - Theoretical physics,
Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg,
Von-Seckendorff-Platz 1, Room 1.07
D-06120 Halle/Saale, Germany
Tel.: ++49 345 5525460