[Pw_forum] Problem in relaxing Si structure

reza vatan rezavatan64 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 09:10:20 CEST 2015

Dear Lorenzo,

Thanks for replying. The single SCF step does not converge.
Any way by changing "occupations=smearing" to "occupations=fixed", I could
fix the convergence problem for both SCF cycle and relaxation, although I
don't know if this occupation mode is appropriate choice for semiconductor
or not.

Please let me know if you know what is the best choice for occupation mode
in the case of a semiconductor like Silicon.

Best,
Reza