[Pw_forum] Execution error on 5.1.2 version

Alexander Martins alex.msilva08 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:49:01 CET 2015

  Hi Paolo,

  I run interactively and I have got the folloeing error message:

> /../mpich-3.1.4/local/bin/mpirun -np 4
/Cluster/Science/espresso-5.1.2/bin/pw.x  < s8.in > s8.out
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line
Source
libmkl_mc3.so      00002AAAB0A312DF  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown
forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
Image              PC                Routine            Line
Source
libmkl_mc3.so      00002AAAB09F02DF  Unknown

  The s8.output is:

     Program PWSCF v.5.1.2 starts on 23Mar2015 at  9:33:16

     This program is part of the open-source Quantum ESPRESSO suite
     for quantum simulation of materials; please cite
         "P. Giannozzi et al., J. Phys.:Condens. Matter 21 395502 (2009);
          URL http://www.quantum-espresso.org",
     in publications or presentations arising from this work. More details
at
     http://www.quantum-espresso.org/quote

     Parallel version (MPI), running on     4 processors
     R & G space division:  proc/nbgrp/npool/nimage =       4
     Waiting for input...
     Reading input from standard input

     Current dimensions of program PWSCF are:
     Max number of different atomic species (ntypx) = 10
     Max number of k-points (npk) =  40000
     Max angular momentum in pseudopotentials (lmaxx) =  3

     -------------------------------------
     Parameters for Dispersion Correction:
     -------------------------------------
       atom      VdW radius       C_6

        S          3.180        193.230

     Subspace diagonalization in iterative solution of the eigenvalue
problem:
     a serial algorithm will be used

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   PID 31568 RUNNING AT dirac
=   EXIT CODE: 174
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES

   I google libmkl_mc3.so + segmentation fault occurred but only a few
results are obtained, none with quantum espresso. Any sugestions?

   Thanks,

             Alexander.