[Pw_forum] Absorption Spectra

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Wed Jun 10 10:40:58 CEST 2015

You can find the answer in this paper:

Osman Baris Malcioglu, Ralph Gebauer, Dario Rocca, Stefano Baroni,
"turboTDDFT – A code for the simulation of molecular spectra using the
Liouville–Lanczos approach to time-dependent density-functional
perturbation theory", Computer Physics Communications 08/2011;
182(8):1744-1754. DOI:10.1016/j.cpc.2011.04.020

As I have previously reported in the '[Pw_forum] Optical Properties
Problem', you have to perform Lanczos calculations in 3 directions
(X,Y,Z) in order to obtain S (the oscillator strength) which is
proportional to the absorption coefficient. See the documentation of
TDDFPT and the examples provided together with the code. Use units=2 in
order to obtain the absorption coefficient as a function of the
wavelength in nm.

HTH

I.