[Pw_forum] charge analysis

Jure Varlec jure.varlec at ki.si
Mon Jul 27 09:17:10 CEST 2015

Dear Raj kamal,

In order to calculate Bader charges, you need to do three steps:

  - Do an scf calculation using pw.x.
  - Use pp.x to extract the charge density and put it into a CUBE file.
    Use the same prefix and outdir as for pw.x and use iflag = 3 and
    output_format = 6 to generate the CUBE file.
  - Use the program linked below to compute Bader or Vornoi charges.

  http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/code/bader/

Regards,

Jure Varlec
National Institute of Chemistry