[Pw_forum] Restarting nscf/bands calculation

Debnath Talukdar debnath.talukdar at students.iiserpune.ac.in
Thu Jul 2 21:14:17 CEST 2015

Dear all,
          I am trying to do bands calculation of 6x6 germanene monolayer
over 100 k points along high symmetry line of hexagonal BZ. Last year I
tried to do it using espresso-5.0.2. At that time I saw that if I give
calculation='bands' then it can not be restarted but if I gave
calculation='nscf' then it restarted. But for now in espresso-5.1 I am
unable to restart though I gave calculation='nscf' instead of
calculation='bands' for my above band structure calculation. It is very
difficult to handle  this type of calculation if I cannot able to restart
it. It takes calculation over 40 k points in 24 hours. It also creates
around 300 GB disk space. Could anybody gives me proper suggestion that I
can able to restart  nscf calculation and manage this large amount of disk
space for a single calculation.

Thanks in advance
debnath