[Pw_forum] optical properties

Iurii Timrov itimrov at sissa.it
Fri Jan 30 17:41:36 CET 2015

Dear Sohail Ahmad,

Note that the current implementation of TDDFPT in Quantum ESPRESSO can
be applied only for finite systems, using only a gamma point sampling of
the Brillouin zone (K_POINTS {gamma}) and supercells. General k points
sampling is not supported in TDDFPT (it is implemented but it was not
extensively tested) - you can use it at your own risk.

The TDDFPT code (turbo_lanczos.x or turbo_davidson.x) produces a file
*.plot in which you can find the information about the
frequency-dependent absorption coefficient. Please have a look in the
TDDFPT/Examples.

The description of the code is given here: X. Ge et al., Computer
Physics Communications 185, 2080 (2014).

Greetings,
Iurii