[Pw_forum] character-wise

Andrea Dal Corso dalcorso at sissa.it
Fri Jan 30 17:01:17 CET 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-30 at 16:06 +0100, Suza W wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Could any of you please confirm me how the colors are chosen in the
> attached figure?
> I mean, what is the real meaning (orbital ? ) of the same color, suppose,
> "blue" ?

Different colors means different representations of the small group of
k.
Different lines have different point groups so coincidence of colors on
different lines has no meaning, but bands with the same color on the
same line (for instance along delta) belong to the same representation.
So for instance along delta all the red bands belong to the delta_1
representation that means that the wavefunctions are totally symmetric,
all the blue bands belong to delta_5 so are two-fold degenerate ecc.

HTH,

Andrea