[Pw_forum] QUANTUM ESPRESSO INSTALLATION

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Jan 24 13:20:42 CET 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 04:13:03AM +0000, Martin Kamau wrote:
> Any time  i open the software centre quantum espresso appears as one
> of the sofwares installed

So if it is installed, everything is fine?

> and the programs in it are run through the terminal.

Quantum Espresso is indeed a terminal application, you cannot run it
graphically.

Open a new terminal and run it from there.

> I am unable to uncompress the debian file containing the program

If you are talking about the .deb file, those are not supposed to be
uncompressed by users. And if it is already installed as you wrote
above, you do not need to uncompress it.

Michael