[Pw_forum] Error when running r.x for DFT+U

Ariadna Blanca Romero a.blanca-romero at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 14:43:52 CET 2015

Thank you Matteo,

It seems that the problem was the number of characters in the name of my files, they are too long—they should be less than 20 characters. However, I still have the question regarding the lattice vectors in pos.in file.

My Fe_conventional.pos.in:

5.3526  0.0     0.0
0.0     5.3526  0.0
0.0     0.0    5.3526
0.0  0.0   0.0
0.5  0.5   0.5

In this case my file differs from the one of Matteo (which I will append bellow) because I understood that the first three lines should be the lattice vectors, and in this case it is a cubic structure. I used my optimized lattice constant for Bulk Fe that is 5.3526 Bohr. The next two lines are the position of the atoms.

Here is the pos.in of Matteo’s example:

10.d0 0.d0 0.d0
0.d0 10.d0 0.d0
0.d0 0.d0 10.d0