[Pw_forum] how to calculate U parameter

Giuseppe Mattioli giuseppe.mattioli at ism.cnr.it
Fri Jan 9 16:42:18 CET 2015

> Did you think that with new version of the code, it will be more manageable

Not really, but you can try to enable the adaptive_thr for the inner scf, and to (carefully, because you have a metal) lower the ecutrho cutoff to
ecutwfc~2*ecutwfc instead of using the default 4*ecutwfc value. But if you have more than 100 electrons EXX is still quite expensive, and if you have
more than 1000 electrons (at Gamma only) EXX is not an option...
HTH
Giuseppe