[Pw_forum] 'd' state pdos for Al

Sai Kumar Ramadugu sramadugu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 18:53:55 CET 2015

I have tried to run the as the examples directory suggested for Al and also
other elements.
Sorry I did not frame my question properly.

Here it is:
If I run a pseudopotential generation calculation with iswitch=3, then the
ld1.wfc prints the 3d but the ld1ps.wfc does not print the 3d states and
hence the generated UPF does not 3d in <PP_PSWFC> section.
So how can I add manually the 3d section to the <PP_PSWFC> section?

For reference my input file is as follows: This is from the pslibrary
module of Andrea Dal Corso!
 &input
   title='Al',
   zed=13.0, ! The nuclear charge
   rel=1, ! 1 refers to Scalar Relativistic PP
   config='[Ne] 3s2.0 3p1 3d0', !Electronic configuration
   max_out_wfc = 3,
   iswitch=3, !3 refers to PP generation
   dft='PBE' ! Exchange correlation Functional to be used
 /
 &inputp
   lpaw=.false., ! No projector augmented waves
   pseudotype=3, ! 3 refers to Ultrasoft PP
   lsave_wfc = .true.
   file_pseudopw='Al.pbe-nl-rrkjus_psl.1.0.0.UPF', !File name
   file_wfcusgen='ld1ustest.dat',
   author='SKR',
   lloc=-1, !Angular momentum of the local channel
   rcloc=1.5, !Radius for local pseudopotential
   which_augfun='PSQ',
   rmatch_augfun_nc=.true.,
   nlcc=.true., ! non-linear core correction
   new_core_ps=.true., ! Uses Bessel functions
   rcore=1.8, ! Matching radius for the smoothing of the core charge
   tm=.false. ! No Troullier-Martins pseudization, hence uses RRKJ
 /
6
3S  1  0  2.00  0.00  1.50  1.90  0.0
3S  1  0  0.00  6.00  1.50  1.90  0.0
3P  2  1  1.00  0.00  1.50  1.90  0.0
3P  2  1  0.00  3.50  1.50  1.90  0.0
3D  3  2  0.00 -0.10  1.50  1.90  0.0
3D  3  2  0.00  1.00  1.50  1.90  0.0

Any suggestions would help. Thanks again!

Sai

Sai Ramadugu
University of Iowa