[Pw_forum] DOS calculation

Giovanni Cantele giovanni.cantele at spin.cnr.it
Mon Feb 23 15:30:38 CET 2015

> On 23 Feb 2015, at 14:48, Winfred Mulwa <mulwawinfred at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
> I am running a DOS calculation using the attached input file
> and the error i am getting is:
> task #         0
>      from  read_namelists  : error #         1
>       reading namelist control
> Anybody with any idea, what the problem may be, i will
> appreciate.
> Regarsd.
> Mulwa Winfred.
> D Phil Student, Computational Material Science Group,
> University of the Free State - QwaQwa,
> South Africa.
> <dos.in>_______________________________________________

I suspect you are using a wrong executable (maybe pw.x) with an input (the one you attached to the message) that, instead, is suitable for dos.x

Indeed, if you read the error message, it complains about reading namelist “control”, whereas dos.x just looks for
a namelist “dos", so ti would never complain about an error on a namelist it does not expect!

Giovanni

--

Giovanni Cantele, PhD
CNR-SPIN