[Pw_forum] Parallel scf calculations

Francesco Pelizza francesco.pelizza at strath.ac.uk
Sat Feb 14 14:37:28 CET 2015

Hi dear Kondrin

I do not have nothing as you suggested wrote in my output file

At this point is not clear to me what i have to do to be able to run
pw.x in parallel calculations

many of my colleagues just installed OpenMpi and used the below commands
i firstly wrote:

mpirun -np 4 ~/Software/espresso-5.1/bin/pw.x -ni2 -nk2 -i pvdf.scf.in >pvdf.scf.out

without doing anything on the already installed QE, so i do not know what is missing

Where can i find useful information about this topic?

Or, Can you give me some suggestion?

Cheers

Wish you a nice weekend

Francesco