[Pw_forum] modeling open-shell molecules on metal surfaces

Sergi Vela sergi.vela at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:02:18 CET 2015

Dear Guido and Giuseppe,

Thank you both for your replies.

The structure should be ok, it represents an organic molecule between 2
gold electrodes. You should get something like the image I attach (do
you?). It is a rather standard scheme, as you may also see in:

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ja2090096

although my structure is simplified for testing.

I don't know whether ibrav=0 is strictly necessary but, anyway, it should
not affect the outcome of the calculation, right?

I have tested other k-point meshes without improvement. Anyway, I'll try
denser meshes together with Giuseppe's suggestions and let you know the
outcome.

Cheers,
Sergi