[Pw_forum] default parallelization and parallelization of bands.x

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sat Dec 5 21:03:08 CET 2015

The only parallelization that i see in bands is the basic one over R &
G. If it is different from the parallelization used previously you
should use wf_collect.
the code computes the overlap between the orbital at k and k+dk in order
to decide how to connect them. it's an nbnd^2 operation done band by
band. not very efficient evidently but it should not take hours.
you can use wf_collect=.true. and increase the number of processors.

stefano